As the world tunes in to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton exchange vows on Friday, April 29th, 2011, NBC News and its fellow NBCUniversal networks will provide the ultimate in cross-platform coverage of Royal Wedding events from London. NBC News’ comprehensive broadcast plans highlight the breadth of network resources and partnerships available to support an international event— involving close work with its UK broadcast partner, ITN; reports from more than a dozen network anchors and correspondents; and over 20 hours of combined coverage from NBC and MSNBC on the day of the wedding.
Highlighting the powerful network television and digital synergies of NBCUniversal, NBC News and MSNBC will join msnbc.com, Access Hollywood, Bravo, E!, iVillage, Telemundo and The Weather Channel to provide a diverse array of programming options for its viewers. Online, today.com will be the source for Royal Wedding news and information, including archived coverage as well as new reports and interviews. NBC News’ coverage can also be found on social media platforms by following @royalwedding on Twitter or by attending the NBC News Royal Wedding event on Facebook. In addition, NBC News is partnering with GetGlue to offer its viewers virtual “stickers” for watching NBC’s Royal Wedding programming.
In addition to its broadcast plans, NBC News announced today the launch of its Royal Wedding App for iPad, which is available now on the App Store. This one-of-a-kind news App is an interactive and engaging way to experience all the news leading up to the Royal Wedding and a social tool for the day itself. The App combines a number of features including: over 300 photos and more than 40 NBC News reports— both new and from the NBC News Archives; the latest news and content from NBC News’ royal experts; an interactive royal family tree; ways to connect with other fans using Twitter and Facebook and ideas for how to throw your own Royal Wedding “watch party”; opportunities to purchase exclusive Royal Wedding collector’s items from the NBC Universal store, and more. “The Royal Wedding by NBC News” App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. To preview the App, click here: http://bit.ly/ee0g33.
The following is a list of NBC’s broadcast plans for the Royal Wedding:
NBC PRIMETIME SPECIAL
* NBC will air an exclusive, behind-the-scenes documentary entitled, “Inside the Royal Wedding” on Wednesday, April 27th from 8-9 pm/et. The special will be hosted by NBC News’ Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira.
* Beginning Friday, April 22nd Natalie Morales will report live from London.
* Meredith Vieira will broadcast live from London on Monday, April 25th for split coverage with Studio 1A.
* Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and Al Roker will join Meredith and Natalie on Thursday, April 28th for full “Today” broadcasts from London on Thursday and Friday.
* Wedding Day—Friday, April 29th: A special edition of “Today” will begin at 4 am/et across all time zones, with Matt, Meredith, Brian, Al, Ann, and Natalie reporting on the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. The program will include live coverage of ongoing wedding celebrations in London, originating from Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and Westminster Abbey until 10 am/et. Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb will anchor the fourth hour of “Today” from 10-11am/et in New York.
* Telemundo anchors and reporters will provide daily coverage from London beginning Monday, April 25th, including anchoring the “Al Rojo Vivo” magazine show from London.
* Wedding Day—Friday, April 29th: The Telemundo team will broadcast the Royal Wedding live, and will also air an hour-long wedding special that night.