Photo: Kidnapped teens (Especiales)
The attorney general of the western Mexican state of Jalisco, Luis Carlos Najera, announced Tuesday that the bodies of two teenagers who had been kidnapped on June 21 at a mall near Guadalajara, the state capital, had been found.
Najera said that a 17-year-old boy is under arrest as an alleged participant in the murders of Andres Barba Oliva and Luis Antonio Ortiz, both 15.
The arrested youth said that the victims “mistreated and made fun of a son of Jose Angel Carrasco Coronel, ... who is under arrest in Mexico City” for drug trafficking the AG said.
He added that that is why an individual identified as Andres Vega and one of the sons of Carrasco Coronel “plotted and prepared this whole story to lure Luis and Andres to the mall.”
According to the official, the victims were invited via the social networks to become part of a criminal group.
“We know that with these deceptions, they were taken (from the mall) to the El Cebada housing complex and in one of the homes their lives were taken,” he said.
The bodies of the pair were found buried in the La Primavera forest, near the spot where they were killed.
Najera said that DNA found on cigarettes placed the arrested youth at the scene of the double murder.
Finally, he said that he had promised the relatives of the victims to arrest everyone who participated in any way in the murders and issued a call to parents to “be careful” about what their children do on the social networks.