NLMC and NHMC Offer Scriptwriters Workshop for Latinos, Apply Now
Photo: Join the TV industry
Are you an experienced writer who wants to write for television? Do you want to meet top executives from top television networks? Do you want to enhance the image of Latinos in television shows?
If you answered yes to all of the above then the NLMC/NHMC Television Writers Program is for you!
The NLMC/NHMC Television Writers Program is an intensive scriptwriters workshop to prepare and place Latinos in writing jobs for the major television networks.
The television scriptwriters workshop is designed to familiarize participants with the format, characters and storyline structure of specific shows that are currently on the air. This five-week, total immersion workshop is mentored and guided by former NBC V.P of Script Development, Geoff Harris. The workshop is conducted in Burbank, CA and a total of 10 writers are recruited nationwide from an established network of NHMC chapters, other non-profit agencies, schools, universities, guilds and media organizations. The goal is that the writers garner the skills necessary to obtain employment in the industry.
The NLMC/NHMC Writers Program was created in accordance to NHMC’s mission to improve the image of American Latinos as portrayed by the media and increase the number of American Latinos employed in all facets of the media industry. The program directly responds to the lack of diverse writers in primetime network TV with the idea that if there are more diverse writers present at the writer’s table, more diversity will be reflected on TV.
And just in case you were having doubts about applying….
Last season 10 alumni from the NLMC/NHMC Television Writers Program got staffed on 10 different shows at the networks!
Please take note that:
- This program is not for beginners.
- Only 10 writers will be selected for the program which will take place in Burbank,CA from October 13th to November 16th.
- Program is intended for writers who can write at least one half-hour comedy or one-hour dramatic television script in English within a five-week period of time.
- By the end of the program, scripts will be read by network executives.
- Promising writers will be interviewed and mentored by the network executives with the idea of placing them on a show.
- A stipend of $250 per week will be given to each participant.
- Flight and housing will be provided to out-of-town participants, and meals will be provided to all participants.
Applications must be submitted by August 13, 2012, more information can be found on the NHMC website