You and Your Health
♪ Sleigh bells Ring, Are You Stressed Out? ♪ Stress Tips For the Holidays
Family, friends, celebrations, and travel— the same things that make the holidays special can also be stressful. Common causes of stress around the holidays are traveling with family, scheduling lots of activities, and budgeting for gifts.
Feeling worried or overwhelmed? Find some peace with these tips to manage holiday stress.
To manage your stress, set realistic expectations and plan ahead. By managing your stress, you can:
* Help lower your risk of serious health problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, and depression.
* Be in a better mood to enjoy spending time with family and friends.
* Plan for activities you really want to do with your family. It’s okay to say “No” to an invitation if you have too much to do.
* Relax with deep breathing while you’re standing in line or sitting in traffic.
* Get more tips to manage holiday stress with your family.