You and Your Health
Health Tip: Watch Your Weight This Holiday Season
Photo: Watch Your Weight This Holiday Season
Suggestions to ward off weight gain
The holidays may represent excess, but you don’t have to let that translate to excess weight.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to ward off those holiday pounds:
* Despite the busy season, don’t skip exercise.
* Eat seven servings of fruits and veggies per day, both for nutrients and to help you stay full without all of the calories.
* Keep candy, cookies and other treats out of sight.
* Indulge in just one small treat per day.
* Make wise choices at the holiday party buffet. Politely decline if hosts keep pushing more food.
* Make holiday gatherings more about conversation and socializing than food.