You and Your Health
Health Tip: Managing Diabetes While Under Stress
Managing diabetes can be tough enough, but the challenge is even greater when you’re under stress.
The American Diabetes Association says possible impacts of stress on diabetes management include the risks of:
* A sudden, dramatic rise in blood glucose levels.
* Strong negative emotions.
* Difficulty making decisions or thinking clearly.
* Compulsive eating or making unhealthy food choices.
* Significant strain on the heart and circulatory system.