You and Your Health
Health Tip: Make Healthy Choices at Fast-Food Restaurants
Photo: Here are some suggestions
Here are some suggestions
Rolling through the drive-through doesn’t mean your healthy diet has to take a nose-dive.
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions for healthier fast-food choices:
* Stick to a regular or junior-sized meal or sandwich. Avoid anything labeled as jumbo, super-sized, deluxe, giant or big-sized.
* Stick to lean meats that have been broiled or grilled. Skip fattening condiments in favor of veggies or a dash of mustard.
* Order a sandwich on an English muffin, instead of a biscuit or croissant.
* Stick to fresh veggies at the salad bar, avoiding heavy dressings, croutons, cheeses and bacon bits.
* Opt for lean chicken, rather than beef.
* Stick to thin-crust veggie pizza without too many toppings or extra cheese.