You and Your Health
Health Tip: Controlling Your Diabetes
Tight diabetes control means carefully managing your meals, exercise and medication to ensure that your blood glucose levels are stable.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these potential benefits of tight diabetes control:
* Lower risk of diabetic eye disease, kidney disease and nerve disease.
* Reduced risk of any existing diabetes complications getting worse.
* Increased energy levels and simply feeling better.
* More flexibility with meal schedules.
* Reduced risk of birth defects in offspring if you become pregnant.