You and Your Health
Health Tip: Better Sleep Can Mean Less Arthritis Pain
Photo: Better Sleep Can Mean Less Arthritis Pain
Suggestions to help you get enough rest
Getting plenty of sleep each night can help you better manage arthritis pain, the Arthritis Foundation says.
Here are recommendations to help you get enough rest:
* Exercise regularly at a moderate intensity, and remember to schedule it well before bedtime.
* Don’t consume caffeine or alcohol, particularly close to bedtime.
* Create a consistent schedule of sleep and wake times, and stick to it daily.
* Soak in a warm bath before bed, or listen to some soft music.
* Enjoy quiet time before bed, or read a relaxing book.
* Don’t use sleeping pills, unless your doctor suggests them.