Latino State News
Global Financial Literacy Summit Convenes in Chicago
CNBC Anchor Maria Bartiromo to Moderate a Panel Featuring Representatives from President Obama’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability, The World Bank and the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank
What is government’s role in improving financial literacy? That is the key question to be addressed at a global financial literacy summit scheduled for Monday, April 4, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. CDT at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Co-hosted by the Chicago Fed and Visa Inc., theFinancial Literacy and Education Summit will bring together leading national and international experts to address the critical issue of improving financial literacy for people of all ages while exploring how government and the private sector can work together to equip consumers with the tools needed to make wise financial decisions.
Visa’s Chief Financial Officer Byron Pollitt will open the summit, now in its fifth consecutive year, and introduce two distinguished panels. One panel will be moderated by CNBC Anchor Maria Bartiromo and the other by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine Editor Janet Bodnar.
Panelists include United States Executive Director of the World Bank Ian H. Solomon, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Charles Evans, United States Treasurer Rosie Rios, and several members of President Obama’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability including Chicagoan John W. Rogers who chairs the Council.
For more information about the summit, and a complete listing of panelists, visit: http://practicalmoneyskills.com/summit2011/.
1. Byron H. Pollitt, Chief Financial Officer, Visa Inc.
2. Maria Bartiromo, Anchor of CNBC’s “Closing Bell”
3. John W. Rogers, Jr., Chair of President Obama’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability and Chairman, CEO & Chief Investment Officer of Ariel Investments
4. Ian H. Solomon, United States Executive Director, The World Bank
5. Charles L. Evans, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
6. Rosie Rios, United States Treasurer
7. Janet Bodnar, Editor of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Visa Inc. to convene the 2011Financial Literacy and Education Summit.
Monday, April 4, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. CDT.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Illinois Room, Third Floor
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60603