Latino State News
BUSINESS ALERT: Wanted for Armed Robbery 8th District (Chicago Lawn)
About These Crimes
This alert gives notice to taxi businesses that robbery incidents targeting taxi drivers have occurred during the month of May. In the reported incidents, the offender has hailed or called a cab on the north side of Chicago in the early morning hours. The offender then directed the cab to the below listed addresses of occurrence. Upon arrival, the offender displayed a weapon and demanded money:
· 6900 Block of W. 63rd Pl. on May 4, 2012, at approx. 3:50 a.m.
· 6900 Block of W. 63rd St. on May 6, 2012, at approx. 3:45 a.m.
About The Offender
The offender is described as male, white or white Hispanic, approximately 24-30 years of age. In one incident, the offender called for a cab from telephone number 773-669-9638.
What You Can Do
· Ensure in-car surveillance system is installed and properly working.
· If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
· Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc…)
· Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
· If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
· Report suspicious activity immediately
· Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information about this incident,
Please call the Area Central Bureau of Detectives at (312) 747-8382
Reference - RD# HV-270514, HV-273561