Latino State News
Be On Look Out for Con-Game Being Played in Area
About This Crime
Residents should be aware of a recent Deceptive Practice-Con Game. This incident occurred on August 7, 2011 at approximately 10:15 a.m. in the 3900 block of West 60th Street.
Two offenders knocked on the home of a senior citizen and claimed they damaged her garage. The senior accompanied one offender to the garage and discovered no damage. She then returned to her home and found items missing.
About the Offenders
* 2 male whites, olive complexion
* 30 – 35 years old
* Height: 5’10 / Weight: 170lbs
* Attire: Tee shirt, denim jeans
* Dark green 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette, bearing temporary Illinois license plate “744M333”
Other Scams Used:
* Utility Workers – offender poses as utility worker to gain entry into premise
* Bank Investigations – offender poses as bank agent and attempts to exploit currency
* Prize Winner – victim has to pay “Registration or Processing Fee” to collect winnings
* Pigeon Drop – offender promises larger sum in exchange for “Good Faith Currency”
* Always ask for identification from strangers who claim to be representatives of organizations or utility companies.
* Call a neighbor, a friend, a relative or 9-1-1 if strangers appear at your door claiming they damaged your home or auto.
* Do not leave your home unattended or unsecured at any time.
* Contact 9-1-1 to report suspicious activities, people and autos.