The Latino Policy Forum, located in Chicago, Illinois, has put together an easy TO DO list for those wanting to help the passage of the DREAM Act during the lame duck session of Congress:
1. Call 866-587-3023 and ask to be connected to Illinois Senator Durbin, Senator Kirk or your local representative and urge them to support the DREAM Act when it comes up for vote in Congress.
2. Sign onto the Latino Policy Forum’s DREAM Statement of Support.
3. Approach your local college, university or alma mater ask them to release a public statement in support of the DREAM Act. For background information, click here.
4. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper and voice your support for the DREAM Act.
5. Make a one-minute video asking our leaders to support the DREAM Act, for more information contact the Immigrant Youth Justice League.
6. Pass on the message and forward this e-mail. Rally your friends, family, and colleagues to make calls, emails text, Twitter or on Facebook. .