1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to secondary content



Latino Daily News

Tuesday October 18, 2011

Restraining Order Granted to Protect Selena Gómez from Viable Death Threat

Restraining Order Granted to Protect Selena Gómez from Viable Death Threat

Photo: Seleana Gómez

Click Here to Enlarge Photo

Selena Gómez was granted a restraining order by a California Judge, against 46 year-old Thomas Brodnicki, who told his therapist he was going to kill the teen starlet.

Court filings released yesterday say Brodnicki must stay 100 yards away from Selena and her workplace until the next hearing scheduled on November 4. The restraining order will likely be extended for three years in the next court hearing as the Court is taking the threats very seriously, given Brodnicki’s history of mental illness and violent sociopathic behavior.

Brodnicki told his therapist he had held conversations with God about Selena Gómez’s death; he confessed to have traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles to visit her workplace. Brodnicki was sentenced to three years in prison last summer for stalking a Des Plaines, Illinois woman on and off for eight years, a behavior that started when she was 18.

Authorities said Brodnicki was infatuated with the woman and would tell her it was God’s will for him to impregnate her.

Brodnicki was taken into mental health history last month after allegedly threatening to scratch people’s eyes out on the street.