A marijuana cake consumed by Spanish students has left one in a coma and nine others in the hospital.
The students from Alfonso X del Sabio University became ill early Sunday morning when they consumed a homemade birthday cake laced with marijuana. All of the students were treated for irregular heartbeats according to the Associated Press.
The student who slipped into a coma later regained consciousness but remains hospitalized in serious condition. All the other students were treated and released from the hospital
The University, located in the capital city of Madrid, said all the marijuana cake victims were male veterinary students between the ages of 18-22 living in student housing.
All the students face the possibility of expulsion or a lengthy suspension from the school.