Photo: Jonathan dos Santos
FC Barcelona midfielder Jonathan dos Santos will be out of action for six months after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, the club said Tuesday.
Team doctors Joan Carles Monllau and Ricard Pruna performed a procedure to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament the Mexican international suffered Oct. 23 during practice, the Barça medical staff said.
Dos Santos, who passed on a possible loan to Real Sociedad for 2013-2014, expects to return before the end of the La Liga season.
The 23-year-old came up through Barcelona’s academy and joined the first team at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season. He has appeared in three matches so far this season.