Photo: "101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean"
Celebrating the world’s “101 Best” has become a tradition at The Daily Meal.
The Daily Meal goes through an extensive research process to scout out restaurants all over Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean, compiling a list of finalists from which the “101 Best” are selected. The list is compiled with the help of an esteemed group of panelists.
The Daily Meal believes that a beach-side seafood shack can be just as good, in its own way, as a sleek Michelin-recognized establishment. The list includes restaurants of all types and sizes, excluding, sometimes reluctantly, only food stalls and street stands.
The voting — based on region, cuisine, and the style of the restaurant; budget, casual/neighborhood, and serious dining/special occasion — narrowed the list to an honored group of 101.
The final list included a versatile mix of restaurants from 25 different countries.
Check out which restaurants were ranked highly by The Daily Meal below.
10. Pujol - Mexico City, Mexico
9. Marmelade Restaurant & Wine Bar - San Juan, Puerto Rico
8. Mani - São Paulo, Brazil
7. Biko - Mexico City, Mexico
6. Unik - Buenos Aires, Argentina
5. Kinoshita - São Paulo, Brazil
4. Central Restaurante - Lima, Peru
3. Blue by Eric Ripert - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
2. Astrid & Gaston - Lima, Peru
1. D.O.M. Restaurante - São Paulo, Brazil