Now that the trial of Michael Jackson’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray has ended, the profiles of the 12 jurors have been released. Among the seven men and five women, six of them are Hispanic.
The court did not release the names of the jurors, stating only that if they wanted to be identified, they were allowed to identify themselves.
Below are the profiles of the six Hispanic jurors (included is one woman born in Spain) that convicted Dr. Conrad Murray of involuntary manslaughter potentially resulting in the death of troubled pop star Michael Jackson.
- Hispanic woman, 36, from Whittier. Attended some college, and currently works as a workers compensation service representative. Followed Casey Anthony trial. Victim in drive-by shooting in 1993. Has no biological children, though lives with boyfriend who has three.
- Hispanic male, 39, from Tujunga. Holds Bachelor’s degree in sociology, and works in product management. Carries belief that celebrities use their status to get what they want. Fan of Michael Jackson. Served on one civil jury, and is married with two children.
- Hispanic male, 51, from Whittier. Attended some college, and currently works as a U.S. Postal Service supervisor. Believes celebrities bend the rules, thinking they can act however they please. Fan of Michael Jackson’s music. First-time juror. Has five children and five grandchildren. Father of four biological children, one stepchild.
- Hispanic man, 52, from Lynwood. Attended some college, and currently works as school bus driver. Believes celebrities get away with crimes because of their status. Not a Jackson fan but thinks he was a good artist.
- Hispanic woman, 54, from San Gabriel Valley. No college, but high school graduate, currently working as an office manager at husband’s moving van business. Believes Casey Anthony trial showed a jury that saw evidence differently than the public majority. Has served as juror on two civil cases Watches Fox News and listens to talk radio. Loved Jackson music when younger, but not a fan now. Mother of four adult children.
- Woman, 57, born in Spain, now lives in Alhambra. Attended some college, and currently works as account manager. Believes celebrities feel they can act as they please. Watches “CSI” and followed the O.J. Simpson case on television. Served as juror five times, once as foreperson. Not a Jackson fan. Divorced mother of two, with two grandchildren.
The Los Angeles jury, with 6 of its 12 jurors being of Hispanic origin, highlights the fact that the Los Angeles area is now just under 49 percent Hispanic according to the 2011 U.S. Census.
Read more at The Washington Post →