Today in Latin American History
Puerto Rican Actor Raúl Juliá Died in 1994
Photo: Raúl Juliá as Gomez Addams
Today in Latin American history, Puerto Rican actor Raúl Juliá known for playing Gomez Addams in the Addams Family died in 1994.
Julia fell in love with the theater and films as a child.
In the 1960s and 1970s, Julia primarily worked on the stage. He earned his first Tony award nomination in 1972, but is most remembered for his movie roles.
After suffering a stroke a few days earlier, Julia died from complications.
Other events that occurred on this day:
- Today in LatAm history, former President of the Dominican Republic Rafael Leónidas Trujillo Molina was born in 1891
- Today in LatAm history, a bloodless coup d’état in Brazil ousted President Washington Luís Pereira de Sousa in 1930
- Today in LatAm history, Colombian journalist & comedian Jaime Garzón who was also a peace activist was born in 1960
- Today in LatAm history, Dominican baseball player Wilton Guerrero who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers was born in 1974
- Today in LatAm history, Colombian footballer Juan Pablo Ángel who plays for the National team & Chivas USA was born in 1975
- Today in LatAm history, Ecuadoran footballer Iván Kaviedes who plays for the National team was born in 1977
- Today in LatAm history, Colombian football player Herman Gaviria who played for the National team died in 2002