Today in Latin American History
Brazilian Football Allstar Júnior was Born in 1954
Today in Latin American history, Brazilian football allstar Júnior who played on the National team was born in 1954.
He was known for his technique and teamwork as well as his versatility, playing at left back and on the left of midfield for Brazil due to his two footedness whilst often playing midfielder at club level.
He was named by Pelé as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers.
He played for the National team from 1979-1992.
Other events that occurred on this day:
- Today in LatAm history, former President of Chile Pedro Montt who was in office 1906-10 was born in 1849
- Today in LatAm history, Archbishop of Mexico and later Cardinal Ernesto Corripio y Ahumada was born in 1919
- Today in LatAm history, Venezuelan physician & Secular Franciscan Order member José Gregorio Hernández died in 1919
- Today in LatAm history, former Panamanian President Ernesto Pérez Balladares who was in office 1994-99 was born in 1946
- Today in LatAm history, Isabel Perón was sworn in as the first female President of Argentina in 1974