Hispanic Health News
Health Tip: Managing Diabetic Heart Disease
Photo: Health Tip: Managing Diabetic Heart Disease
Follow your treatment plan
he risk of developing diabetic heart disease (DHD) is directly related to a person’s blood sugar level, the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says.
The higher the blood sugar in a person with diabetes, the higher that person’s risk of diabetic heart disease.
The agency offers these suggestions to help manage DHD:
* Make sure you get regular physical activity.
* Enjoy a heart-healthy diet.
* Keep your weight under control.
* Maintain good control of your blood sugar.
* Find ways to reduce your stress levels.
* If you smoke, stop.
* Follow your doctor’s treatment plan for managing your health.
* Obtain regular, ongoing care from your doctor, including regular checkups and tests.