Hispanic Health News
Diabetics Should Eat on Schedule
Suggestions for planning ahead
If you’ve got diabetes, staying on a regular eating schedule will help you maintain better glucose control.
The American Diabetes Association suggests how to maintain a consistent food schedule:
* Schedule meal plans at your normal eating times.
* Make a restaurant reservation to avoid waiting in a long line for a table.
* Before you order, find out if the meal you want takes extra time to prepare.
* If you do have to eat later than usual, eat a fruit or starch serving in advance at your normal meal time.
* If you’re eating dinner very late, eat your bedtime snack at the usual dinner time. Make any insulin adjustments, as needed.