Start the School Year Off Right
Back to school is a great time to start your kids off with healthy habits. Plan healthy meals and snacks, and find afterschool activities that will keep everyone moving.
These healthy habits will keep kids going during the busy school year ahead. They will also help your kids stay at a healthy weight as their bodies grow.
* Balance what your child eats with physical activity.
* Ask your child’s doctor if your child is at a healthy weight.
* Be a role model—eat healthy and get active.
* Help your child get active for 1 hour every day. Try activities like dancing, jumping rope, or climbing on playground equipment.
* Limit TV time to 2 hours or less each day.
* Try these healthy snack ideas that kids love.
Visit the Quick Guide to Healthy Living to learn more about keeping your family safe.