Latina College Scholarship Opportunities Available, Includes Travel to Israel
Following a decade of training and developing the next generation of Latina leaders through its unique Washington DC-based program for college-age women, Latinas Learning to Lead (LLL), the National Hispana Leadership Institute, the nation’s premier leadership development organization for Latinas, is taking them overseas in a new continuation of the program.
In collaboration with the American Jewish Committee (AJC), a global Jewish advocacy organization, and its educational institute Project Interchange, and The David Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating and inspiring strong voices for Israel on campus, NHLI is launching the Building Latino-Jewish Bridges on Campus (BLJBC) program.
For its inaugural year, the program will include 24 Latina and Jewish students from Boston University; University of California, Irvine; and University of Texas, Austin. Twelve Latina students will be selected by NHLI and will participate in the five-day Latinas Learning to Lead program along with Latinas from other colleges, directly prior to joining their Jewish classmates for the Building Latino-Jewish Bridges on Campus program. Twelve Jewish students will be selected by The David Project.
2011 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
• Thursday, March 31, 2011- Application Deadline
• Early May- Application Notifications
• June 12-17, 2011- Latinas Learning to Lead- Leadership Training, Washington, DC
• June 17-19, 2011- Building Latino-Jewish Bridges on Campus, Part 1, Washington, DC
• June 19-26, 2011-Building Latino-Jewish Bridges on Campus, Part 2, Israel
• June 2011-Fall 2011 Semester/Quarter- Leadership Projects Implemented in Communities
• June 2011 and beyond- Participate in Mentorship Programs