The Network will also Air a Series of Informative Shorts Conducted by Early Childhood Expert Jeannette Torres Alvarez with Useful Advice for U.S. Hispanic Moms
Just because summer is coming to a close does not mean the fun has to stop. This August, as the kids prepare to go back to school, Discovery Familia begins a journey through the imagination with the launch of Artzooka!
Premiering on August 22 and airing from Monday to Friday at 2 PM ET/ 11 AM PT, this new co-production of the internationally acclaimed kids’ show provides U.S. Hispanic children with access to the world of manual arts, encouraging them to think outside the box and to see that art can be made from almost anything, anywhere.
Produced in partnership with CCI Entertainment, Artzooka! is composed of 26 episodes and employs its own talent. Conducted in Spanish for Discovery Familia by renowned stage actor Bruno Lazzaro, Artzooka! is arts and crafts at its best! The half hour series blends live action and animation to inspire kids to find their inner artist!
“We are proud to bring Artzooka! to U.S. Hispanic audiences. This customized version of one of the best children’s series aligns with our network’s core values of creating life longer learners and helping our preschool audience reach their maximum potential,” said Bilai Joa Silar, Vice President and Channel Director, Discovery Familia.
Artzooka! provides audiences with traditional techniques applied in unconventional ways to teach children to draw outside the lines and create their own masterpieces using everyday objects found at home. It also offers families a unique opportunity for bonding as they work on creative and fun imaginative projects together.
With the use of advanced technology, colorful images and a lot of dynamism, Artzooka! aims to impart number of important educational lessons among these:
* To stimulate the natural creativity in kids and encourage them to express themselves through practical and manual activities.
* To open-up and expand a child’s imagination by offering them new ways to look at everyday things.
* To instill confidence in children by encouraging them to test out new concepts and skills.
In addition to this new series, the network will also be introducing a number of informative new shorts airing during primetime for moms. The on-air capsules entitled “Ser Mama Hoy” (Being a Mother Today), are conducted by early childhood expert and Discovery Familia’s brand ambassador Jeannette Torres-Alvarez. These 60-second spots are filled with expert advice for today’s Hispanic mom from the point of view of Jeannette as both an expert and a mother, such as:
* How to encourage kids to participate in physical activity and to find the joy in it, be it sports, dance or just being active as a family together.
* Instilling a love for maintaining the Spanish language and making that process feel like playtime.
* Developing your child’s self-confidence to create a solid emotional foundation.
Discovery Familia, the first and only network to target and deliver a coveted audience of highly-engaged Hispanic moms and their preschool aged children, is rising fast and is projected to reach over 4 million Hispanic TV homes by the close of 2011.