The NFL has released this past year’s top selling jerseys and a number of Latino-blooded players made the list.
Victor Cruz (New York Giants), Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys), and Mark Sanchez (New York Jets) were among the top 25 best-selling NFL jerseys from April 1, 2011 to February 29, 2012. Cruz’s jersey was 80th on the list until January, when sales skyrocketed ahead of the Super Bowl.
It was recently reported that the New York Giants’ wide receiver Victor Cruz is giving back to his mom, and buyng her a new home.
Cruz, who previously said his mother always pushed him to work towards his dreams, told reporters outside the Met Ball, “It’s time that I buy her a house.”
Biana Cruz, currently works as a customer service representative for Benjamin Moore and resides in Patterson, New Jersey’s Fourth Ward.
The Top 25 list:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
2. Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos
3. Eli Manning, New York Giants
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
5. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
7. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
8. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
9. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
10. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
11. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys
12. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
13. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
14. Wes Welker, New England Patriots
15. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
16. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
17. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens
18. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
19. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
20. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
21. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
22. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
23. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
24. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
25. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens