A dog owner is asking for help paying veterinarian bills after her dogs were stung multiple times by a swarm of bees.
Carissa Musaraca of Chula Vista, is worried she will not be able to pay for the medical care needed by two of her four dogs after a large swarm of bees stung them hundreds of times, causing organ damage and pain.
The 24-year-old’s 14-year-old Chow named Girl was stung more than 100 times, and has had to have all of her fur shaved off to be properly cared for. Her Chihuahua, 8-year-old Boomer, was stung about 50 times. Sadly, Musaraca’s 12-year-old Dalmatian mix, Faith, was stung hundreds of times and died on the way to the veterinarian, after suffering a seizure. A fourth dog, a Chihuahua named Tinkerbell was stung only once and is doing well.
Musaraca, who has owned all of the dogs since they were puppies, said she has no idea where the bees came from. She had given the dogs bones Tuesday morning while they were outside, but when she checked up on them later, she said saw a “gigantic tornado of bees.”