Children are thought to be no less prone than adults to dull or throbbing pains of the head. The Nemours Foundation mentions these common triggers of headaches in children:
* Getting insufficient sleep, or rapidly changing the patterns of sleep.
* Missing meals or becoming dehydrated.
* Taking certain medications.
* Being under stress.
* Experiencing hormonal changes.
* Spending too much time in front of the TV or computer.
* Receiving a mild head injury or having an infection.
* Spending a long time riding in the car.
* Inhaling strong odors.
* Consuming caffeine.