Contest Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Contest void where prohibited.
1. Contest Terms: Contest commences at 12:00:00 a.m. E.S.T. Monday August 23, 2010 and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. E.S.T. Friday, October 15, 2010.
2. Eligibility: Entrants must be eighteen (18) years age or older by the contest closing date and be a legal resident of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Hispanically Speaking News and their immediate families are NOT eligible to participate in this contest.
3. Entry: Entry in the contest requires the individual to be a registered Hispanically Speaking News site member as well as a HS News Daily recipient. MAXIMUM OF ONE SITE MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT AND ONE EMAIL NEWSLETTER PER INDIVIDUAL-PERSONS WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. Required entry information includes correct and valid email address and username.
4. Prize: The prize will consist of 2 Tickets to the Oct 29, 2010 Shakira Show at the Allstate Arena, Rosemont, Il Seats are located East Aisle 16, 115, F (17&18 )K Face Price = 113.15ea / Sale Price=130.00ea/ Full Price Paid $158.30 ea. An equal amount of gift certificates or cash payment by check may also be substituted by Hispanically Speaking News in lieu of the prize. Approximate Retail Value of prize is $300 US. No warranty is provided on this prize. No requests for refund or substitution of any type are allowed. All taxes, duties, fees and surcharges associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Winners located in Canada will be responsible for paying all import taxes and duties related to shipping from the United States. Canadian winners must agree to pay the taxes, duties and brokerage fees prior to the prize being shipped. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner is considered holder of the ticket and bound by all terms as issued on the tickets.
5. Prize Draw: A random drawing will be conducted on a date within 1 week of Contest Close Date by Hispanically Speaking News, whose decisions are final. The elected winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these rules and regulations, and winning is dependent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Winners will be notified by email within two (2) days of the drawing. Hispanically Speaking News Organization is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of email addresses that are not correct. If a winner cannot be contacted within four (4) days after the first attempt to contact such winner, an alternate entrant will be selected at random from all entries received. If the prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the original winner’s place. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility within fourteen (14) days of the first notification attempt. Winners who are located in Canada will be required to answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance, to be awarded the prize.
6. Winner List: Hispanically Speaking News will attempt to post contest winners to the web site within five (5) days of contest closing date.
7. Redemption: Hispanically Speaking News will ship the prize via ground mail to the appropriate winner’s home address as provided by winner upon notification of selection. Prizes cannot be sent to any other address. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Hispanically Speaking News is not responsible for a lost or damaged prize and in the case where the prize is lost or damaged it will not be replaced.
8. Conditions: By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Hispanically Speaking News may use the winner’s name, member ID, and picture for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT HISPANCALLY SPEAKING NEWS ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL OF HISPANICALLY SPEAKING NEWS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
9. Other: In the event of a dispute, all entries received will be considered to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address as on record at the time of contest ending. The “authorized account holder” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A winner may be requested to provide Hispanically Speaking News with proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry along with proof of personal identification.
10. Contest Disclaimer: Hispanically Speaking News reserves the right to make revisions to, cancel or suspend this contest for any reason including but not limited to a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Hispanically Speaking News which affects the administration or security of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Hispanically Speaking News will aim to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. This contest will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law principles.